Thursday, November 17, 2011

New Hair: Impressions of Red

So last night partially out of boredom and partially out of the desire to do something different. It has been a minute since i last colored my let. let alone colored it something out of the norm. I colored my own hair using Splat in Luscious Raspberries and L'Oreal Paris Feria in Black Natural (20). I feel like i need a new lighting set up cause all the colors seem to get toned down. The red in my hair is much brighter as is the pink lipstick i am wearing in the pictures. Speaking of the make up for a list of all the products used please check out my Look of the Day: Every Day post.






Here is what my hair looks like with nothing done to it. I just brushed it into place like i normally wear it.









In the last picture and this one i pinned back half of my bangs to better show off the red underneath.






Sorry about the quality of this picture, i had to take it in the bathroom where the lighting is even worse. I wanted to show that i had also layered the colors in the back.














To achieve this look i sectioned my bangs into three parts then did the same with the rest of my hair. I bleached the lower sections, left the middle sections natural, and dyed the upper section black. Once that was all set i dyed all of my hair red. I'm really happy with how it turned out. It isnt nearly as noticeable in the back but i love how all the shades of red look together in my bangs. I also love how i can spice up my look by pulling my hair back or putting it up to really showcase the red.

No comments:

Post a Comment