So bonus points for me for getting the second part of my Elemental Series up just one day after i started it. Right? Hopefully i can keep this pace up as i love love love that i am finally out of the little make up rut i was in. Before i get to the make up, i'm trying something different with the format of my How To's. I'm still trying to work out what format works best so please let me know what you think. Please, thanks and here is some make up. Enjoy :)
As you can probably tell from the title this is my look inspired by the element water. Originally my plan was to just through on some light and dark blues but that was a little to straight forward. Instead i decided to go with a gradient from light blue to a dark aqua color. Kind of like how a wave in the ocean looks. Anyways, onwards with the how to.
- Apply an eye shadow primer.
- Apply a light blue eye shadow base.
- Apply a light blue eye shadow to the inner third of the lid.
- In the middle of the eye add a slightly darker blue. Blend those colors together. Be patient with the blending as a seamless transition from one color to the other is kind of key here.
- In the outer corner and in the crease apply an aqua eye shadow, preferably one that is only slightly darker than the second blue used.
- For the lower lash line use a teal eye shadow.
- Use a matte white for the brow bone highlight.
- I accidentally skipped this step myself but add a white eyeshadow with a blue duochrome to the inner corner of the eye. Take a moment to picture how nice that would look. I was so mad at myself for forgetting.
- Now add eye liner and mascara as the finishing touch.
- You're done. :)
|NYX Make Up Artist Kit|
|Coastal Scents 88 Palette|
- Foundation: Stila One Step Foundation in Fair and Hard Candy Welcome Matte
- Blush: NYX Make Up Artist Kit 1
- Contour: NYX Make Up Artist Kit 2
- Highlight: NYX Make Up Artist Kit 3
- Liner: Hard Candy Automatic Lip Liner in Blush
- Lipstick: ELF Mineral Lipstick in Rosy Tan
- Primer: L'Oreal De-Crease
- Base: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Baby Blue
- Eye Shadow
- Inner third of lid: Coastal Scents 88 Palette 1
- Middle of lid: Coastal Scents 88 Palette 2
- Outer corner and crease: Coastal Scents 88 Palette 3
- Lower lash line: NYX Make Up Artist Kit 4
- Brow bone highlight: Coastal Scents 88 Palette 5