Saturday, January 21, 2012

Swatchapalooza Saturday: 66 Lip Color Palette Review

Sorry this review is long over due. I think once i realized this product was more of a bust than anything i lost my motivation to get my swatches and review done. But here it finally is, better late than never i guess. I went ahead and put together a slide show of my swatch pictures and posted that below. I have also posted links to the swatches of each row if you prefer just the pictures.


For still pictures of each row you can click the links below.





Packaging:
  • The packaging is ok. It is matte black. It's the same packaging as the 88 palettes from Coastal Scents. I do like how the packaging looks though i feel like it is not sturdy enough for me. Another drawback is that there is no mirror included. I have to say part of the reason i buy palettes like these are for ease of travel. I live about 4 hours away from my family. As much as i love visiting them 3-4 women and my dad fighting for the bathroom is not a pretty sight. A mirror allows me to do my make up in a room other than the bathroom thus preventing world war 3.
Product Size:
  • Each pan is about the size of a dime. The amount in the pan varies from color to color. After just swatching on my arm and lips there are a few pans that are nearly empty while others look untouched.
Quality: 
  • While i will admit there were some colors in this palette that i did like and were easy to use they were outnumbered by the colors i didn't like. With most of the colors i felt like i had to apply a ton of product for it to appear opaque of at the least not patchy. In addition i felt like the majority of the colors felt rather slick, apart from those with glitter which just felt gritty.
Final Thoughts:
  • When i bought this product i was expecting it to be my go to lip palette for the morning rush. Instead i ended up with a dust collector. While i am going to keep it and use some of the colors, just to get my money's worth,  i imagine this will only be for pictures rather than going out or to work. Overall this palette is a flop in my book. Next time i think i'll save my money instead of purchasing a palette like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment