Sunday, October 16, 2011

Urban Decay Haul



Awhile back Urban Decay went on sale on Haute Look it was mostly cream eye shadows but i managed to snag a few other items. In all i got 9 cream eye shadows for $3 each, liquid liner for $7, and a tinted moisturizer for $6. I made my purchase through Haute Look but the sale is still going on at Urban Decay's website.


Liquid Liner in Ecstasy
I adore the packaging of this liner. It is to cute. The brush is amazing. I dont like it for winging out my eyeliner but its perfect for right along the lash line. The color, on the other hand, is a little lacking. Often i'll have to go over the same spot multiple times to get a nice opaque line. Overall i'm a fan of this product. I'd really like to try the rest of the colors.
















Urban Defense Tinted Moisturizer in Halo
I kinda have mixed feelings about this product. The color works for me and i love that its got the pump top. I just had to squeeze my last moisturizer and no matter what i always ended up with way to much. My only complaint about this product is that it sinks into the skin to quickly. I feel like i'm racing against time trying to apply it. I like this product enough to keep using it but i'm probably not going to buy it again.

Cream Eye Shadows
Right off the bat i want to get this out of the way. Midnight Rodeo is my favorite out off all the cream shadows i purchased. It has become a part of my "Go To" collection for days when i only have a few minutes to do my make up. Now for the rest of the collection. I do like the majority of the colors i got. I'm not a big fan of Asphalt as the color goes on extremely patchy. I believe these were meant to be able to be worn alone. With the more neutral colors i can see that working. Apply just a little and blend it out for a nice wash of color. Thats how i wear Midnight Rodeo all the time and i have no problems with creasing so long as i use an eye shadow primer. As for the brighter colors i'll probably just be using them as a colored base. As bold as the colors should be you would have to use a pretty decent amount to get the color opaque and i'm guessing that amount has a good chance of creasing. The packaging is super cute. Once again my last cream shadow came in a squeeze tube full of fail so I'm loving the doe foot applicator. I think i would purchase these again. Maybe not all of them if they go off sale but some of them for sure.
Asphalt, Rehab, Suburbia, Midnight Rodeo, Moonshine

Radium, Sphnyx, Grass, Weeds














So i know i only got 9 of these babies for some reason it feels like i got a million. Instead of just doing a normal review here for my imaginary million i'm going to do my first Swatchapalooza. I'll add a link to that as soon as i get it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment