Friday, October 21, 2011

Swatchapalooza: NYX Make Up Artist Kit


About time right? Just a little disclaimer, since my palette was slightly damaged during shipping i'm going to be using pictures of the palette from the website. All the swatch pictures are mine though. Enjoy :)
Source



row one

row two

row three


row four

row five
row six

The swatches came out looking a little powdery. While they are i dont think its quite as bad as the picture implies. I swatched each color using just my fingers and no base on the back of my hand. As you can tell most of the colors are quite pigmented. I've been using NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk as a base for the colors that dont quite pop on their own. The only real let down so far has been the fourth color in row three. When you look at the pot then at the swatch it looks like i swatched the wrong color but i know i was right. Most of the colors i barely had to touch to get plenty color on my finger. With this color i had to work extra hard to get close to nothing. Besides that the colors are quite nice. They blend like a dream.
Source







highlight, contour, bronzer

blush


lip color
I was actually rather happy about the face powders in this kit. I've been using the highlighter and the last two bronzers as a contour color. The other colors are a bit to dark for me. For the blushes i packed on the color for the swatch but they actually arent that pigmented. Its a good thing though as i have a tendency to accidentally over do my blush. The second color is my favorite so far. Its gives me a very natural flush of color. I havent tried the lip colors yet but i do like how they swatched. I'd really like to try that last color on my lips. in the pan i never thought it would work but its growing on me.

Overall i love this palette. There were a few misses but i would still recommend purchasing this. I believe you can buy it online for $30. I got mine on sale through Haute Look but i wouldn't mind paying full price for this palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment