Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dust It Off: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

Welcome to my new series Dust It Off. I realized when I took a break from blogging that I have way too much makeup for just everyday use. So now I'm getting back into the swing of things with this new series. Each week I will feature a different product, sometimes old sometimes new. I'll do a short review on the product as well as a look using it.

I'm going to kick things off this week with the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Smitten and Rendezvous. Smitten it is a lovely pink shade and Rendezvous is a bright orange that is still quite wearable.
Top: Rendezvous, Bottom: Smitten

Though the packaging and the product itself remind me of Tarte's Lipsurgence i am by far more impressed with this one's performance.

Rendezvous
Smitten
This product leaves my lips feeling moisturized without over saturating them or drying them out. Also unlike other lip stains or long wear lip colors this product does not stay put immediately after application. I dont mean to imply that it bleeds or moves around just that if you apply then eat, drink, kiss your boyfriend, etc... right after you will notice a transfer of color. However, even if you do all these things once the balm does fade away it will leave your lips stained a slightly faded version of the original color. The stain will be all over your lips rather than in patchy sections or all along the outside edge.
Rendezvous

Smitten
This is a product I would definitely recommend. It comes in 12 different shades ranging from neutral wearable colors to bolder colors that are still on the wearable side if that makes any sense. These range from $7-$9 depending on the store you go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment